Skip to Content
University of Northern Iowa Study Abroad University of Northern Iowa Study Abroad

UNI Study Abroad on Facebook Study Abroad Blogs E-mail Study Abroad E-mail Study Abroad E-mail Study Abroad

Travel and Immigration Information

Purple Plan CollageU.S. Passport Information

Purple Plan CollageVisa Information

Purple Plan CollageTravel Information

Entry Requirements
Students going abroad should reference the  US Dept. of State's country specific entry requirements to see if they will need a visa to gain permission to enter the country. Consulate and Embassy websites may also be used as a good reference.

Students who do need a visa should reference the Visa Information section or consult with the Study Abroad Center's Student Support Specialist to go over the country specific immigration procedures..

The UNI Study Abroad Center enrolls all study abroad students in the US Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country.

STEP allows the Department of State and U.S. embassies to better assist you in an emergency should one occur while you're abroad.

To find Embassies and consulates around the world utilize the State Department's Embassy Locator.

Useful Links:
Currency Conversion
Time Zones
International Student Identity Card