UNI Emergency Contact Info
In an emergency, please contact the local police in your country and/or UNI Public Safety at: 1-319-273-2712.
|Personal Safety Abroad|
1. Have a safe time abroad!
-You will be registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Plan (STEP)
-Learn about your destination country
2. Emergency Situations
-Know who to call
-If you need to get in contact with UNI, call Public Safety, they will contact Study Abroad.
3. Know the local equivalent of 911 (many countries use a different number)
-Local U.S. Embassy or Consulate contact information
4. Travel in pairs or groups
5. Remain aware of surroundings
6. Listen to the locals
7. Carry translations of addresses & common phrases in your wallet
8. Only carry the valuables you need; keep the rest in a secure location (bring a padlock)
9. Always carry a copy of your passport when travelling
|Title IX Reporting: Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault|
Title IX Officer
Assistant to the President for Compliance and Equity Management
Office of Compliance and Equity Management
117 Gilchrist, Campus Code 0028