Study Abroad Access Award
Study Abroad Access Award
This need-based scholarship is awarded by the UNI Office of Financial Aid and is for applicants of study abroad programs administered through the UNI Study Abroad Center. Eligible applicants must be in the "Committed" status in their study abroad application by the scholarship application deadline.
Participation in a study abroad program for academic credit approved by the UNI Study Abroad Center.
Submitted on-line study abroad application, along with the $75 fee, is required.
Only completed scholarships applications with all the required attachments will be considered.
Applicants traveling to destinations on the US Department of State's Travel Warning list will not be eligible.
Note: Participants in non-UNI programs and administered UNI programs not co-sponsored by the UNI Study Abroad Center are not eligible for this scholarship. The Study Abroad Center reserves the right to determine which Non-SAC programs qualify for its scholarships.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
For spring semester programs: The last working day of October.
For winter break programs: October 15
For spring break programs: December 15
For summer programs: December 30
For fall and academic-year programs: The last working day of March.
Service Requirements of a Study Abroad Center Scholarship Recipient:As a scholarship recipient you are responsible to fulfill TWO primary requirements, one material requirement and one service requirement.
Material Requirement Options:
Complete a special project in collaboration with the SAC by completing one of the following:
- Attend a SAC Digital Storytelling Workshop,
- Provide your best 5 photos (at least) from your program abroad. Photos must showcase UNI student(s), with UNI apparel if possible. Photos will be used to advertise your program; therefore, we encourage creative snapshots of your study abroad experience. Photos must be above 500px X 500px. Send photos as an attachment to email@example.com in jpeg or png (not in PowerPoint). Or send by Google Drive or bring to SAC on a flash drive.
- Providing a link to your YouTube channel and or vlog that showcases your study abroad program experience.
- Providing video clips that showcase study abroad program experience.
Service Requirement Options:
- If you are participating in a short-term instructor-led program, volunteer for a minimum of 3 hours at designated Study Abroad events (i.e. International Opportunities Fair, Speed Advising, etc).
- If you are participating in a summer school, semester or academic year program, volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours at designated Study Abroad events (i.e. International Opportunities Fair, Speed Advising, etc).
- EXCHANGE STUDENTS ONLY: If you are participating on an exchange program you will be a UNI Student Ambassador at the host institution and will be asked to promote UNI at different events.
If you are graduating or Student Teaching outside of the Cedar Valley after your study abroad program, you must contact the Study Abroad Center to arrange an alternative to the service requirement.